Simple Snacking

I am hungry all the time. This is nothing new for me but since I hit the 2nd trimester of pregnancy it's been the theme of my days. I can't seem to get enough to eat. I have a pretty physical job and I need to snack all day to make it through. My go-to snack is yoghurt with granola but I've been trying to find some quick fix foods for work that will fill the void but aren't so loaded with sugar. My new favourite: celery with laughing cow cheese.


So simple. Why weren't you in my life before??? Celery is something that I stopped buying unless it was for a recipe because I always let it go bad before I finished it. The solution: chop and wash it as soon as you buy it and put it in a jar of water in the fridge. This makes it easy to grab to snack on.



If you want to get fancy, Laughing Cow makes a few flavoured cheeses... I've seen Herb and Garlic, Jalapeno, and French Onion as well as a light cheese. I went with the original this week because it was on sale. You could get even fancier and add some raisins or dried cranberries. Yum!


I'm giving another link-up a go today. Check it out:

Blog-working Wednesday!



6 comments:

  1. Laughing cow was one of my favs while pregnant too! Yummmmmm :) It goes down really well on a fresh baguette too. Thanks for the crockpot tips, I am keen to try making apple cider - never had it before believe it or not but it sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think laughing cow would be delicious on anything! It had been a long time since I had it and I forgot how yummy it is.

      You can always cheat with the apple cider. Buy a bottle of it from an apple farm or the grocery store and just add the spices yourself. You will be hooked!

      Delete
  2. Hey! Found your blog through the Blog Working Wednesdays blog hop! I'm a new follower...come check out my blog if you want :)

    lolalucy09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit! On my way to check out your blog now :)

      Delete
  3. Yummm, love celery! I haven't tried the laughing cow but I love a little bit of peanut butter on it! The idea to wash, cut and place in a cup of water for easy access is a great idea, I too let it go bad before using all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to force myself to make the effort as soon as I put my groceries away. I definitely opt for convenience when I grab a snack and get too lazy to cut it up later :P

      Delete