Dressing the Bump


For the past month or two, I was stuck in that awkward phase of pregnancy. I didn't have that nice rounded belly that screamed "I'm pregnant." Instead, I lost all stomach definition and just looked a little chubby. I could still wear most of my old clothes but nothing sat right. Maternity clothes were the same story. I was lost in limbo between the two. Suddenly this week...bam! I'm pregnant! It's time to invest in a few more maternity pieces.

I still find myself gravitating towards empire waist non-maternity dresses like this one though.



Baby gets a bit lost in the pattern of the dress but I still feel like this is a flattering piece that will serve me well over the next few months and beyond. For actual maternity clothing, I'm trying to decide what to buy. I dress casual for work so a couple pairs of jeans and some t-shirts would serve me well. I really don't want to spend a lot of money but I'm already getting frustrated with rotating through few things that still fit. 

What maternity pieces were the staple of your wardrobe? What non-maternity clothes still worked for you?

Happy Friday! 

4 comments:

  1. Cute dress! The middle stage is always so hard. I was always afraid to buy too many pieces in the early stages and then not have them fit later, so I tried to wear what non-maternity clothes I could- mostly babydoll style tops.

    I wanted to invite you over to our weekly Sunday and Monday Meet & Greet Blog Hop. Come stop by and join in!

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2012/12/sunday-monday-meet-greet-blog-hop_15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie! Thanks for the visit! I will check out your blog hop now :)

      I've really surprised some friends and co-workers lately because after months of wearing flowy tops and and shirt dresses, they were convinced I would never have the belly. It's fun to embrace it instead of hiding it!

      Delete
  2. oh congrats congrats!! you look fabulous!! my daughter is 21 weeks...sometimes she looks pregnant, sometimes she doesn't.....the only time I wanted to look pregnant was with my first baby...good luck!!!
    i am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm following you now too!

      I'm definitely still in the wanting to look pregnant phase...but ask me again in a month :P

      Delete